On Wednesday, 14 May 2014 at 13:31:53 UTC, dennis luehring wrote:
Am 14.05.2014 15:20, schrieb Chris:
Profiling is not really feasible, because for this to work
properly, I would have to introduce the change first to be able
to compare both. Nothing worse than carefully changing things
only to find out, it doesn't really speed up things.

why not using an alias for easier switch between the versions?

alias string[][size_t] my_array_type

or

alias string[][] my_array_type

an do an search&replace of "string[][size_t]" with "my_array_type" thats it - still too hard :)

Talking about not seeing the forest for the trees ... I'll try that. :)