On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 20:23:12 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 15:58:01 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer <schvei...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm trying to think of a way to do this without loops, but not sure.

I'm surprised, I looked for some kind of "apply" function like map, but just calls some function with each element in the range.

Something like this would make this a 1 (2?) liner:

if(i == t.length) writeln(t) else each!((x) => {t[i] = x; foo(i+1);})(iota(x.length));

But I can't find a phobos primitive for each. Would have expected it in std.algorithm or std.functional?

-Steve

Its been discussed a few times. There were some objections (IIRC Walter thought that there was no significant advantage over plain foreach).