On Saturday, 7 June 2014 at 03:21:49 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:

Wow. Sometimes you really cannot see the things you type no matter how long you stare at it. Thank you soo much.

No problem. I only noticed when I re-typed it by hand to study the flow, and instinctively added the else out of habit and wondered why I was getting no errors. :) Started thinking it was one of those "this is an error, but only on Thursdays" kind of things.

Anyway, since the bugged code was freaking out in the second, unreachable, return statement, it leads me to thinking whether we could provide some sane way for the compiler to point out such things (unreachable returns). It would have made this case, and ones like it, more obvious.
  • next!T Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: next!T Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: next!T Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: next!T Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re: next!T Chris Nicholson-Sauls via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • Re: next!T Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • Re: ne... Chris Nicholson-Sauls via Digitalmars-d-learn