On Friday, 20 June 2014 at 12:17:22 UTC, Johann Lermer wrote:
Agreed, but I assumed, that since all definitions in cairo.d are defined as extern (System), (same happens with extern (C), btw.), I would have expected,
that D does not implicitly generate initialisation functions.

D requires that all variable are default-initialized, extern or not -> T.init is necessary.

So, why is there no init routine for the rectangle? There's only one for the matrix.

That needs actually building deimos cairo and checking symbols in object files so I will do as soon as have a bit more spare time ;)