On Wednesday, 9 July 2014 at 13:46:59 UTC, Larry wrote:
Yes you are perfectly right but our need is to run the fastest code on the lowest powered machines. Not servers but embedded systems.

That is why I just test the overall structures.

The rest of the code is numerical so it will not change by much the fact that d cannot get back the huge launching time. At the microsecond level(even nano) it counts because of electrical consumption, size of hardware, heat and so on.

It is definitely not something most care about and i cannot disclose the full code for license reasons (yeah I know I suck and generate some fuss for nothing but.. I just execute.)

But D may be of our use for non critical code to replace some Python there and there. It is definitely a good piece of engineering. And it will help save money.

@John Colvin :
hem, you meant the sample code or the real code ? If the former, it is the one corrected by Bearophile.
My excuses