On Friday, 1 August 2014 at 04:52:35 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Thursday, 31 July 2014 at 22:21:10 UTC, Vlad Levenfeld wrote:
Yes, I see the problem now. I can't think of any reason why I'd want to make save anything but a function (especially since `save` is a verb) but I guess someone out there might have a good one.

It's Andrei's fault. I'm not quite sure what he was thinking. But unfortunately, we're stuck with it. So, it's just become one of D's little quirks that we have to learn and live with.

Can we not at least deprecate it? And while we're at it, the same for `dup` and `idup`?