On Friday, 15 August 2014 at 23:22:27 UTC, Vlad Levenfeld wrote:
On Friday, 15 August 2014 at 16:54:54 UTC, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
So I'm trying to use @safe, pure and nothrow.

If I understand correctly Adam Ruppe's Cookbook, by putting

@safe:
pure:
nothrow:

at the beginning of a module, I distribute it on all definitions, right? Even methods, inner classes, and so on?

Because I did just that on half a dozen of modules and the compiler did not complain. Does that mean my code is clean(?) or that what I did has no effect?

I've noticed the same thing. If I want pure and nothrow to propage to inner structs and classes I have to place another label inside the class definition. Otherwise only free functions are affected.

I had a similar experience when trying to use @nogc. Having to insert @nogc into every struct I use is mildly annoying.