On Thursday, 4 September 2014 at 18:22:55 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
On Thursday, 4 September 2014 at 17:57:47 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
On Thursday, 4 September 2014 at 15:25:59 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 15:10:21 +0000
"Jorge A. S. via Digitalmars-d-learn"
<digitalmars-d-learn@puremagic.com> wrote:

In one of the specializations of the write function in the std.stdio (the call site that you showed in your post) no check for closed stdout (when stdout._p is null) is done. I can't say if this is a bug in the write function or the desired behaviour (I'm a novice here).
it's definitely a bug. writeln() should throw, not segfaulting.

Shouldn't writeln() work tho instead of throwing or segfaulting?

No, if stdout is closed, how should it work? Throwing is the correct behaviour.

Ah sorry, I totaly missed close() part.

Any idea why it is null in my case tho?