On Thursday, 16 October 2014 at 07:55:24 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On 10/16/2014 4:54 PM, Mike Parker wrote:
On 10/16/2014 12:18 PM, dysmondad wrote:
Since I've added this call, my program will sometimes but not always either generate a core dump or a seg fault. It seems that the issue is
with the const char * parameter.

I don't have a good grasp of the difference between the way D and C work
for char * types.

Strings in C are arrays of chars ending with the nul terminator. Strings in D are not required to be nul terminated. String literals in D *are* nul terminated. When passing a string to a C function that takes const
char*, use toStringz as Ali showed in his post.

Forgot to mention -- toStringz in std.string will add the nul terminator if it is not already there.

---

Thank you very much. Because of your help, my application has far fewer seg faults and core dumps.

Now, if I can just figure out why the SDL_RenderPresent call is having problems. I suspect that has more to do with the way I'm using the library than the calling convention.