On Sunday, 2 November 2014 at 15:13:37 UTC, bearophile wrote:
This means having an array of Foos as sorted range, and appending an item to it keeping the sorting invariant (so in non-release mode the append verifies the array is empty or the last two items satisfy the sorting invariant), and this allows me to call functions like upperBound any time I want on 'data' without using any unsafe and unclean assumeSorted.

Shouldn't sorted range maintain the invariant automatically in order to remain typesafe?