Am 09.11.2014 um 09:26 schrieb Suliman:
I know that a lot of people are using for programming tools like
Sublime. I am one of them. But if for very simple code it's ok, how to
write hard code?

Do you often need debugger when you are writing code? For which tasks
debugger are more needed for you?

All the time, it is the workaround for exploratoring programming when a REPL is not available.

Smalltalk and Borland environments spoiled me in terms of what to expect from developer productivity tooling.

I only skip on the debugger for tracing down issues that can only be tracked down in production systems, where plugging a debugger would cause Heisenbugs.

As for what I use them:

- REPL like interactivity
- Visual displaying relationships between processes/tasks
- User friendly representation of data structures
- Conditional breakpoints depending on expressions and log events
- Forcing error conditions without changing existing code
- Break on core dump/application crash.

--
Paulo