On Monday, 10 November 2014 at 12:21:51 UTC, bearophile wrote:

It's not in flux.
A simple way to compile more than one file is to put them in the same compilation unit (almost the same if you want to create a lib):

dmd a.d b.d

Otherwise you can also use ddmd and let it find the module dependencies by itself.

Bye,
bearophile

That's not applicable because I'm not using DMD. Also that
doesn't answer where a .o or .a file comes from, whether there's
any difference between them besides the name, and if so what.
I've compiled a lot of little examples and tests of D from single
source files, but I haven't seen any .o or .a files yet.

I was hoping there were instruction pages or documentation pages
on how to compile D projects that have multiple source files.