On Sunday, 14 December 2014 at 18:27:28 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 18:24:39 +0000
MachineCode via Digitalmars-d-learn <digitalmars-d-learn@puremagic.com>
wrote:

I used to do it in C but in D it's giving this compile error message:

> switch case fallthrough - 'use goto case;' if intended

Here's the code:

> switch(value) {
> // alof of cases here
> // ...
> white: // regular label
>                    case 'a': case 'c':
>                    case 'd': case 'k':
>                            do_something();
>                            break;
>  case 'e':
>        do_something2();
>         break;
>  default: assert(0);
> }

How is it fall through if there's a break? does D switch differ from C in any way?
why do you need that? you can use literally what compiler told you:
`goto case 'a';` for example.

The labels are disabled then? I find that goto case case_value ugly and prefer goto labelName; but if it's the only way to go let's do it