I realize Walter has far better things to work on, but value of having a translation tool is considerable, since it opens up easy access to an enormous range of libraries. It is not much work to do the translation oneself, but in the world as it is small frictions cumulatively have large consequences. Access to libraries is a big advantage of python, and the like. Once you have the wrapper in place, I find D as productive as python, but for now it is still a bit of work first.

There is also dstep, but this doesn't seem to compile right now, and I don't have time to figure out why and fix it. (I took a look, and it is not so easy to figure out). Something mambo/tango related. I have raised a bug report.

Laeeth