On 12/04/2015 7:24 a.m., Laeeth Isharc wrote:
Hi.

Two questions:

1. On startup I load various indexes from file storage into memory in
the shared static this segment, and I would like to access these from
threads serving web requests.  The data can be considered immutable once
loaded.

What is the best way to make this data accessible?  Obviously static
doesn't work as the threads have their own storage (I think this is what
is happening).  __gshared works, but is there a better approach?

2. This works:
     auto router = new URLRouter;
     router.get("/pricebars",&renderPricebars);
     router.get("/names",&renderTickernames);
     router.registerRestInterface(new MarketDataAPIImplementation);
     auto settings = new HTTPServerSettings;
     settings.options=HTTPServerOption.parseQueryString;
     settings.port = 8080;
     listenHTTP(settings, router);

But if I switch the REST registration and the static route registration
("/pricebars" and "/names") then it segfaults. Reason for mixing regular
routes and REST is to be able to serve some data in CSV form.

Thanks.

The caches I use in e.g. web service frameworks use __gshared. As long as they are readonly most of the time, and written in one go. I see no problems threading wise.