On Saturday, 25 April 2015 at 00:33:26 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 4/24/15 7:42 PM, Jens Bauer wrote:

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?x=0&y=0&lang=en&site=us&keywords=stm32f429+discovery

This is super tempting @ $24. As someone who is not used to tinkering with raw hardware, how does one power this thing?

Simply via the USB-port on the computer or a 5V USB-plug power supply. :)

I've tinkered with SBCs, but those had full-blown Linux. What hardware is necessary to get this thing running?

Virtually just the board itself.
-The Discovery boards have a built-in ST-Link v2 SWD programmer, so you can use OpenOCD directly with the board. The only thing you need is the USB-to-USB-mini cable, which is something you can get almost everywhere.

... I now succeeded in making a mirror on GitHub:
https://github.com/jens-gpio/STM32F4xx
(It was absolutely tedious, because the tutorial on GitHub didn't work for me; I haven't yet added automatic mirroring; hopefully I'll be able to figure it out).