On Friday, 15 May 2015 at 03:33:47 UTC, TJB wrote:
I have built a toy dynamic shared library on Mac OS X (in C), and I have verified that it works from C. Now I would like to call it from D. So I have created the following interface file:

$ cat hello.di
extern (C):
    void printHelloWorld();

which I try to compile and run. But I get the following error:

$ dmd main.d -L-lhello
ld: library not found for -lhello
--- errorlevel 1

I gather that mac os x doesn't know where to find libhello.dylib (it is in the current directory). So how do I pass that information?

Thanks!
TJB

Off the top of my head: does adding -L-L$(pwd) help?