On Friday, 15 May 2015 at 10:23:24 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
I recall having seen an example of using some D magic (via mixin perhaps?) to realize tuple destructuring in assignments like

    magic(first, _, second) = expression.findSplit(separator);

somewhere. But I can't seem to find it right now.

References anyone?

BTW :I'm aware of Kenjis PR, which I am very much longing for ;)

Well there's always this, which is a bit ugly:

typeof(expression) first, _, second;
TypeTuple!(first, _, second) = expression.findSplit(separator);

But of course the holy grail is being able to declare variables inline.