On Monday, 17 August 2015 at 14:52:18 UTC, Edwin van Leeuwen wrote:
On Monday, 17 August 2015 at 14:43:35 UTC, D_Learner wrote:
Hello everyone . I need advice on my first D-project . I have uploaded it at :-

Current Results  for the pattern="GCAGAGAG"  are as below :-

BM_Runtime          = 366 hnsecs     position=   513
BM_Compile-time     = 294 hnsecs     position   =513

BMH_Runtime         = 174 hnsecs     position=   513
BMH_Compile-time    = 261 hnsecs     position=   513

AG_Run-time         = 258 hnsecs    position=   513
AG_Compile-time     = 268 hnsecs    position=   513

Running the code : dmd -J. matcher.d inputs.d rtime_pre.d ctime_pre.d && numactl --physcpubind=0 ./matcher

Hi,

What happens if you run each algorithm many (say 100000) times. The current times seem to short to be reliable (variation in runtimes would be too great).

Regards, Edwin

Thyanks, I havent tried that. So it seems you suggest I must fucus on average times. Will try it , the above results are from a single run (no looping), but after executing the program several times I realised that the 1st two seem ok(relatively stable results for same pattern), but the other pair give higher performance for the run-time versions.