On Sunday, 23 August 2015 at 16:20:04 UTC, Gerald Jansen wrote:
On Sunday, 23 August 2015 at 16:00:19 UTC, Tony wrote:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurl

Just the other day I had a similar problem (compiling vibenews, ld complained of missing -levent and -lssl), which I managed to solve simply by installing the development versions of the libraries (i.e. libevent-dev and libssl-dev). Maybe if you install libcurl-dev you will have the same luck I had. (But hopefully someone will give a more enlightened reply.)

Synaptic gave me a choice of 3 libcurl*
libcurl4-nss-dev (NSS flavour)
libcurl4-gnutls-dev (GnuTLS flavour)
libcurl4-openssl-dev (OpenSSL flavour)

Confusing that there are 3 choices.

I downloaded the OpenSSL one and the "can't find lcurl" has gone away. But I am now getting linking errors with regard to curl certain curl functions not being found.