On Sunday, 6 September 2015 at 07:34:36 UTC, ParticlePeter wrote:
I am working on a struct vector. The data is stored in a member static array and I want to be able to forward all array properties except length to vector. Reason is I have free functions f that take vector(s) as arguments, such that f(vector) and vector.f via UFCS is possible. Using alias array this in the case of length function/array property is problematic, as length(vector) obviously uses the free function but vector.length the array property.

What would be the simplest way to disable the array.length property for the vector struct?

I would prefer not to implement length as a vector member function and call it inside the free function as this is inconsistent with the other free funcs.

Hi,

If you are looking for somethin like delegator from ruby: http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib-2.0.0/libdoc/forwardable/rdoc/Forwardable.html

they are in D template proxy; http://dlang.org/phobos/std_typecons.html#.Proxy Or by using mixin delegates: http://forum.dlang.org/post/jitn9v$20u4$1...@digitalmars.com