On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 04:30:44 UTC, Prudence wrote:
I'm using Visual D and I assume it takes care of all this. It works so that's not a huge problem.

If it is taking care of the linker switch, then you gain nothing but more complicated and fragile code by writing a WinMain!

I was hoping D had a flag to disambiguate console and windows apps(or some type to CT way to check).

There's not really a difference between them. A console app can create windows and a gui app can allocate a console.

The best thing to check for might just be if there's already a console available when you want to use one.