On Monday, 14 September 2015 at 12:30:21 UTC, Fredrik Boulund wrote:
Hi,

Using a small test file (~550 MB) on my machine (2x Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 with RAID6 SAS disks and 192GB of RAM), the D version runs in about 20 seconds and the Python version less than 16 seconds. I've repeated runs at least thrice when testing. This holds true even if the D version is compiled with -O.

Sounds like this program is actually IO bound. In that case I would not expect a really expect an improvement by using D. What is the CPU usage like when you run this program?

Also which dmd version are you using. I think there were some performance improvements for file reading in the latest version (2.068)