On Monday, 2 November 2015 at 19:53:09 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 11/02/2015 04:22 AM, Nordlöw wrote:
On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 14:26:21 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
Is there a reason why Phobos doesn't contain a lazy range variant of
std.string.replace?

Ping.

What is the use case?

Chaining replacement with other filterings. I need in my knowledge database (graph) i building...which a *lot* of string processing.

The implementation doesn't seem trivial to me as it needs to maintain an internal buffer as large as the 'to' argument to do the mutation in.

Ali

I'm aware of that.

I'm done with the easy cases at

https://github.com/nordlow/justd/blob/master/algorithm_ex.d#L1946

and

https://github.com/nordlow/justd/blob/master/algorithm_ex.d#L1997

I'm planning to implement the most generic version where `haystack` and keys are both ranges by reusing std.algorithm : find`. Do you have any more advice on that overload?