On Thursday, 17 December 2015 at 04:05:30 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
Thanks. I guess what bugs me is that I always try to hide the fact that the API is a wrapper around C stuff, ie, I want to make people feel as though they're using idiomatic D. Doing something like this makes it feel like less idiomatic D and more like a wrapper. I think I have a solution that I like in my own case though. Right now I'm considering something like this: http://dpaste.com/3FH3W13

I completely understand your sentiment, but I don't see how default construction factors into it. D libraries that *aren't* wrappers around C libraries have the same restriction and have to make the same interface choices. Or did you mean something else?

Your code looks good, but make sure you either disable postblit or implement the postblit operator appropriately. The Rule of Three applies well to D.