On Wednesday, 23 December 2015 at 11:46:37 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 December 2015 at 11:21:32 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
Dynamic memory allocation is expensive. If the string is short-lived, allocate it on the stack:

See also std.conv.toChars[1] for stringifying lazily/on-demand.

http://dlang.org/phobos/std_conv#toChars

Thanks Jakob! I did try toChars but I couldn't quite figure out a syntax of calling it that the compiler was happy with. From memory I tried things along the lines of:

string v = toChars!(16,char,LetterCase.lower)(i);

to convert an integer to Hex for example, but the compiler wasn't happy with it. How would I convert an int to a string using this?

Cheers.