Dmd's setup construction is a bit weird and has some difficult issue tracking.

How about if dmd supported, if it already doesn't, some ways to help the user check the configuration of dmd. It would be quick and easy to implement.

e.g.,

dmd -showinfo

Target Arch: x86
Libraries: C:\Mylib;C:\Another\Lib\Somewhere
Modules: C:\MyModules;
Version: 2.062
etc...

This way, issues between 64 and 32 paths can easily be seen... figuring out exactly what sc.ini is doing is easier, etc...

We know it is accurate because it would come from the compiler itself. No guessing.

Probably a dmd app could be created that does this instead? Basically I've ran into issues before setting up D because of path issues(again, the sc.ini file is pretty crappy... littered with duplicate symbols and different paths with "hacks" for different compilers and all that(it's just not sain)). It tends to make me hesitant dealing with dmd in some cases. Something that should take a min to do can take hours trying to track down some weird issue simply because of a typo... and there's no way to know exactly what the compiler is "seeing"... I really hope something like this already exists.