On Thursday, 21 January 2016 at 13:26:15 UTC, W.J. wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 January 2016 at 16:01:11 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to understand the options for distributing a D app to users. My assumption is that only the shared libraries and binaries need to be distributed, and I need to include the D libraries. Is this correct?

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu

Hi,

On Linux you can use 'ldd' to print shared library dependencies.
On Windows you can use Dependency Walker.
On Mac there's likely a similar program.
Mind also that license terms for distributing libraries apply.

OS X has otool -L

Note that these tools don't show runtime dependencies. Many libraries can be loaded at runtime, especially when you use derelict-like modules. These libraries in their turn may depend on others, etc.