On Thursday, 21 January 2016 at 20:46:15 UTC, Gerald Jansen wrote:
On Thursday, 21 January 2016 at 09:39:30 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
I have been reading large text files with D's csv file reader and have found it slow compared to R's read.table function

This great blog post has an optimized FastReader for CSV files:

http://tech.adroll.com/blog/data/2014/11/17/d-is-for-data-science.html

Thanks a lot Gerald, the blog and the discussions were very useful and revealing - for me it shows that you can use the D language to write fast code and then if you need it, to wring more performance and you can go as low level as you want all without leaving the D language or its tooling ecosystem.