On Thursday, 28 January 2016 at 15:03:38 UTC, sigod wrote:
On Thursday, 28 January 2016 at 13:36:46 UTC, Puming wrote:
[...]

`in char[]` is short for `scope const char[]` or `scope const(char[])`.

See http://dlang.org/spec/function.html#parameters

It depends on the situation. If possible I would use `in` modifier. If not then just `const`.

[...]

Please, don't define such aliases. I'm sure a lot of developers will find it confusing. As I do.

`const(char)[]` or `in char[]` is perfectly understandable as soon as you know what it means.

Also, read this: http://dlang.org/spec/const3.html

Thanks. Now I get it.

Yes it is understandable now, but as a newbie the question "Why my function that accepts a string does not work with lines in file?" will pop.