On Tuesday, 2 February 2016 at 22:56:28 UTC, jmh530 wrote:

My D code calls a C function. One of the parameters to the C function is a function pointer to a D function. This D function (below) is one that I copied from the C library's tutorial. I only slightly changed the signature. This function is eventually called in other functions in the C library.

double myfunc(uint n, const double* x, double* grad, void* my_func_data)

Thus, as it is an Access Violation, I'm guessing the issue is with accessing elements of arrays in the D function from the C function. I don't know. When I try to call the D function in D, it works, but I have to refer to x and grad as x.ptr and grad.ptr.

I'm not sure how to go about fixing this...

The parameter to the C function should be declared as extern(C), and so should your function implementation.

extern(C) alias FuncPtr = double function(uint, const(double)*, double*, void*);
extern(C) void takeFuncPtr(FuncPtr);

extern(C) double myfunc(uint n, const(double)* x, double* grad, void* my_func_data) {

If you haven't done that, then this is quite possibly the root of your problem.