On Wednesday, 16 March 2016 at 20:11:41 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 3/16/16 2:40 PM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
should it be a compiler warning to assign a negative literal to an
unsigned without a cast ?

Why? They implicitly convert.

int  x = -1;
uint y = x;

I don't see a difference between this and your code. And we can't change this behavior of the second line, too much arguably valid code would break.

-Steve

We can change it, and we should. But it should be deprecated properly, and we should put in place enough candy to make it viable (See http://forum.dlang.org/post/vbeohujwdsoqfgwqg...@forum.dlang.org ).