On 04/05/2016 03:33 PM, Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 April 2016 at 19:27:20 UTC, Charles Hixson wrote:

Are you asserting that scope is soon to be officially deprecated? I'm finding "shouldn't really be used at all anymore" a bit of a worrying statement, as I much prefer the syntax used by scope. Why shouldn't it "be used at all anymore"?

http://dlang.org/deprecate.html#scope%20for%20allocating%20classes%20on%20the%20stack

Thanks. It is the "for other features" that I normally use scope. Mainly, admittedly, for timing the running of the destructor (or analogs thereto, like File.close), but the syntax is not the one being deprecated.