On Sunday, 17 April 2016 at 11:47:52 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Sunday, April 17, 2016 11:00:15 Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Sunday, 17 April 2016 at 10:48:08 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> [...]

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't. getting the string "size_t" as the result of a hypothetical StringReturnType is the desired outcome.

Then I very much doubt that it's possible. The compiler doesn't distinguish between an alias and the original. As far as it's concerned, they're exactly the same thing. The compiler is pretty much doing the equivalent of textually replacing all instances of an alias with the original.

- Jonathan M Davis

Then time for some compiler hacking!!