On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 02:38:23 UTC, moe wrote:

Yes, I did it intentionally. I wanted to ensure that the packages are self contained and check whether it would work fine like this. Basically I like to have a project that contains everything it needs with the versions originally used to build. It sort of creates a reference for learning.

Understood. FYI, you can specify a specific version and dub upgrade won't touch it.

For testing I would have also liked not to build a dub project for the PluginContract but rather have a simple iplugins.d file in a folder. I could not get it to be imported if it's outside of a dub project.

"importPaths": ["../PluginContract"]

Did not work for some reason. But that's a minor issue.

Becuase you specified an incomplete path:

../PluginContract/source

The compiler needs the root directory of the root package for any imporyed module.