On Wednesday, 6 July 2016 at 02:03:54 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 July 2016 at 01:58:31 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
        *(keyvalue) ~ value;   // This line fails.

That should prolly be ~= instead of ~.

Ahh, I was so close.  Thank you that seems to do the trick.

However, now I have another issue.

For the following main function:

int main( string[] args) {

    int[][string] myAA;

    //int[] tmp;
    //tmp ~= 7;
    //myAA["world"] = tmp;

    insertValue( myAA, "hello", 1 );
    insertValue( myAA, "goodbye", 2 );
    insertValue( myAA, "hello", 3 );

    foreach (k; myAA.keys.sort)
    {
        writefln("%3s %d", k, myAA[k].length);
    }

    return 0;
}

If I run this, it prints out nothing. However, if I uncomment adding an element for 'world' then it prints (as expected):

goodbye 1
hello 2
world 1

Why doesn't my function allow me to insert elements into an empty associative array, but succeeds for an AA with some element in it?