On Friday, 12 August 2016 at 17:33:34 UTC, Cauterite wrote:
On Friday, 12 August 2016 at 16:50:43 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
On 08/12/2016 05:23 PM, Cauterite wrote:
No semicolon there, please.

Why would I not terminate a declaration with a semi-colon?
Why should a declaration not end in a semi-colon just because the last token is a brace? Why should I not tell the lexer precisely where my declaration ends instead of relying on whatever other tokens floating around it not interfering? Why must every thread in this forum contain more posts regarding some irrelevant tangent than posts responding to the original topic?

That would be like putting a semicolon after a while or if block or after defining a delegate inside an argument list.

I think it's a bug that dmd doesn't show a warning for unnecessary semicolons outside of function blocks, because inside of them it also shows a warning.

Also it's not D-style to put a semicolon there and it's also never specified in the grammar spec. It's just treated as separate empty statement.