On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 at 18:28:20 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 08/31/2016 07:03 AM, Yuxuan Shui wrote:

> I want to make a hash table that uses
> std.experiment.allocator. The bucket is allocated from an
> allocator, and freed in ~this(). I don't want to copy the
whole
> bucket in this(this).

It sounds like you are conflating the concept of a container with the concept of a range. The range should be separate from the container and should be cheap to copy.

Ali

OK, this would work for cases like containers. But what if I represent buffered network input as a range (like File.byLine), and I don't want to copy the buffer all the time? Any suggestion on how to do that correctly?