On Friday, 21 October 2016 at 08:18:58 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
On 21/10/2016 9:13 PM, TheFlyingFiddle wrote:
On Friday, 21 October 2016 at 07:56:27 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
You're gonna have to use UDA's for that.

Yes, to do the serialization you're right.

But my usecase for this is for error reporting. Basically any struct that contains unions without serialization instructions cannot be
serialized and I want to make such structures errors.

So when I try to serialize the example struct Foo. It should assert with
something along the lines of:

"Don't know how to serialize overlapping fields: "Foo.integer",
"Foo.floating" and "Foo.array".

I suppose you could use .offsetof to determine this.

This is what I was looking for. Thanks!