On Friday, 18 November 2016 at 19:43:49 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
I was a little bit afraid of my missunderstanding in terms of sentiments. You've got me right (I don't quite feel the meaning of that in these non-cyrillic letters:). But what I understand is the path you have walked and what I have in my mind.

Yes, I meant 'sentiments' as in опыта, not as in сентметальность. :-)
I used to mean 'sentiments' as "сентиметальность", but "опыт - сын ошибок трудных" (Пушкин) is what realy in behind :)

Simple example about D: I spent two hours to write a line (borrowed from Python), related with lazy calculations, but finally I got it with deep great thinking, and it was like understanding of Moon alienation from Earth.

Great!  Would you like to share the code snippet?

Sure. Let we have a uint_array of values. And we need to get a string of these values in hex separated with ','. In Python it looks like

<code python>
     ', '.join(map(hex, uint_array))
</code python>

After 2 hours of brain breaking (as D newbie) I have come to:

<code D>
uint_array.map!(v=>"%x".format(v)).join(", ")
</code D>
Why 2 hours? Because I have started with 'joiner' function and aftewords found out the 'join'.

To my mind there is more simple form for this task in D (about formatting).

What is your using of D?
Sadly, I have not been able to use D in a professional capacity. My coworkers are very much invested into C/C++ and have a very high level of skepticism to anything else, in addition to resistance to adding new toolchains (much less

languages) to the current projects. So my use of D has mainly been in personal projects. I do contribute to Phobos (the

Same here.
But my coworkers are not addicted to programming at all :)

standard library) every now and then, though. It's my way of "contributing to the cause" in the hopes that one day D may be more widespread and accepted by the general programming community.

I don't hope about "D some day", I'm sure about that (5 to 30 years).
The idea is "I D", not "I C++" :)