On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 at 15:48:36 UTC, rumbu wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 at 11:00:52 UTC, Bauss wrote:
[...]

Obtaining the true Windows version is tricky starting with Windows 8.

Be careful when using GetVersionEx, it's deprecated. VerifyVersionInfo is more reliable, but it will not return a version greater than Windows 8 if your application does not embed a specific manifest. The dirty way to obtain the true Windows version without embedding a manifest, it's to check for the availability of specific functions.

Another way is to parse HLKM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Product Name.

And finally NetServerGetInfo is your best bet, but it's not guaranteed to work in the future version of Windows.

What I really care about is if it works in current versions. Thanks though, I'll see which solution fits the best to my project.