On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 at 23:08:30 UTC, hardreset wrote:
I built Freetype with MSVC13 and tried to link it but DMD didnt like the format, so what should compiler (free) should I use for building DMD compatible static libs?

Once I've build the lib, made a di file, where do I put these things in the dub directory structure?

thanks,

Yes under win32 you must use Digital Mars C++ compiler, "DMC", because it produces OMF objects. That's also the default format produced by DMD.

DMC is here: http://www.digitalmars.com/download/freecompiler.html

However note that there's DerelictFT or Deimos freetype if you don't want to mess with this problem.