On Monday, 19 December 2016 at 16:23:45 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:

What you can do for private package as of today is:

- use path-based dependencies and put your packages in the same repo
- use git submodules and path-based dub dependencies together

If it's a public package, you can register yourself on the DUB repositery.

Regarding path-based dependencies, how can I use a C or non-dub-backing project as a dependency? I defined in dub.json like this:

"importPaths": ["non-dub-pkg"],
"dependencies": {
"non-dub-pkg": {"versions": "~master", "path": "./non-dub-pkg"}
}

And I got an error saying something like "dub could not find dub.json or pakage.json in 'non-dub-pkg' directory". That's true because it is a Makefile project.

@Eugene Wissner: I think a good official central registry is more reliable for production use. I don't know that js has ten registries. But if that is true, it is the lack of performance of the first official registry maintainer. Have one, do well, and recruit more talents. That will benefits people more than scattering resources to reinvent the wheel. Nonetheless, I agree that the support for ad-hoc dependencies is a good idea for development.