On Monday, 23 January 2017 at 02:20:02 UTC, Nestor wrote:
On Monday, 23 January 2017 at 01:17:20 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Monday, 23 January 2017 at 01:12:21 UTC, Nestor wrote:
You mean phobos, or system libraries?

Phobos but mostly the druntime that interfaces with the system.

I see, I was mostly thinking in Android and/or other platforms, but it does seem like heavy work, though curiously this approach seems to be working for Nim (at least so far), is it that the language is better suited for that, or simply that more work has been put into it? (not bashing D, honest curiosity)

Btw, Ldc has good support for a lot of platforms already, including Android and iPhone:

http://wiki.dlang.org/LDC

Porting druntime to a new OS is not heavy work, mostly translating some C headers:

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is%3Apr%20is%3Aopen%20netbsd