On Saturday, 4 February 2017 at 12:56:55 UTC, osa1 wrote:
- Automatic but conservative. Can leak at any time. You have to implement manual management (managed heaps) to avoid leaks. Leaks are hard to find as any heap value may be causing it.

By "managed heap" I just meant the GC heap, the one used by "new" operator. Besides it, there are already other allocators and container libraries available, don't need to implement this stuff manually.

the worst of both worlds.

It may look so from a distance. But in my experience it's not that bad. In most software I did in D it did not matter really (it's either 64-bit or short lived programs) and the control D gives to choose how to deal with everything makes it all quite manageable, I can decide what to take from both worlds and hence pick the best, not the worst.