On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 at 18:16:45 UTC, Anton Pastukhov wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 at 17:16:43 UTC, Daniel Kozák wrote:
V Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:15:00 +0000
Anton Pastukhov via Digitalmars-d-learn
<digitalmars-d-learn@puremagic.com> napsáno:

I can't see the logic in AA foreach order. Consider this code:
Output:
three
two
one
four

I was sure output should be
one
two
three
four

https://forum.dlang.org/post/xbanhtkvrizyqjcib...@forum.dlang.org

Thank you for the link, it was informative reading. It's a pity that still there is no ordered AA at least as a library type.

Ordered AA isn't that common a use case, and it's not without overhead. You essentially need to store an array of keys that define iteration order, which requires extra memory allocations (and, depending on implementation, may slow down iteration as well).

I come from a Ruby background, so I have found key order useful in the past, but in most cases I probably could've gotten by just fine with an array or set of element pairs.

Introduction of a more convenient tuple type into D might make something like this easier.