On Tue, 2017-02-28 at 17:09 +0000, berni via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> I'm using CMAKE to build my project. With
> https://github.com/dcarp/cmake-d this works almost. The only
> thing I do not manage to get working is running cmake in release
> mode. When I use -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release I get some linker
> errors, which I do not get, when compiling manually. (In both
> cases gdc/linux is used.)
>
> I allready could figure out, that it's due to the -O3 compiler
> flag used in release mode. It looks like cmake compiles all *.d
> files separately and while doing so, removes some functions when
> optimizing them. Later, when linking everything together, they
> are missing. (But I'm not sure on this.)
>
> Here is my project: https://github.com/crocopaw/croco/tree/devel
>
> Anybody here who has experience with CMAKE and D and could help?

I do not have an immediate answer, but…

CLion requires CMake, with CMake-D in a fit state we could use CLion
with D – albeit very rough and ready way, at least initially. I am sure
the DLanguage IDEA plugin can be made to work with CLion. If this
combination can be made to work at all, then it can be improved over
time.

Personally I am now at the stage that without an IDE I don't start a
project using that language. The important IDEs are JetBrains family
and Eclipse. Anything else is niche or an also ran. At least currently.

I am about to not use D for a new project because C++, Rust and Go have
good IDEs. And I am an Emacs person. I guess I will have to join Emacs
Anonymous as I do not use it any more except for LaTeX and AsciiDoc
files. OK I use the Emacs bindings in the IDEs obviously.

Unless the combination I proposed actually works. I will give it a go.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net