On Sunday, 19 March 2017 at 22:13:21 UTC, Ervin Bosenbacher wrote:
Its my 2nd day into D, I am already in deep love (:D), and I would like to understand whether this is normal behavior or something went terribly wrong, so all help is greatly appreciated.

[...]

Well, unittests can pass or fail and as the exception states there it failed. Binary search returns true if it found the element in the array, false otherwise. 5 is not an element of [1, 3, 6, 7, 9, 15] so binarySearch returned false. Assert throws an error if its argument is false to it threw. Nothing out of the ordinary except maybe a broken test.