On Thursday, 13 April 2017 at 08:47:16 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
I haven't played with ndslice nor followed its deprecation discussions. Could someone summarize it for us please. Also, is it still used outside Phobos or is Ilya or someone else rewriting it?

Ali

Hello Ali,

ndslice was removed from Phobos because it is to hard to maintain Phobos and Mir at the same time. It is better to have dub packages instead of big Phobos, IMHO.

ndslice was completely rewritten and extended in mir-algorithm package [0, 1] since ndslice was deprecated in Phobos. Its API is stable enough and includes all kinds of tensors. New ndslice is used in two Tamediadigital's projects [3, 4]. See also its README for more details.

The old ndslice (like in Phobos) is located in parent Mir package [2].
The last Mir version with old ndslice is v0.22.1.

[0] http://docs.algorithm.dlang.io
[1] https://github.com/libmir/mir-algorithm
[2] https://github.com/libmir/mir
[3] https://github.com/tamediadigital/lincount
[4] https://github.com/tamediadigital/hll-d

If you have any questions about ndslice I would be happy to answer.

Best regards,
Ilya