On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 01:56:12 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 April 2017 at 17:06:52 UTC, krylon wrote:
[...]
If I understand what I have read so far correctly, it is possible to access libraries written in C or C++ from D - in that case, I could just use Tokyocabinet directly, but I have not found any pointers on how to do this. Is this a feasible option, and if so, where can I find documentation on how to do this?

I can recommend using LMDB[1] which likely does all you want.
It also has D bindings[2].

[...]

Cheers,
    Matthias

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_Memory-Mapped_Database [2]: https://github.com/ximion/appstream-generator/blob/master/src/asgen/bindings/lmdb.d

Thank you very much, that sounds exactly like what I was looking for!